Author Topic: Completely random!  (Read 339 times)

cyrus1987

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Completely random!
« on: February 18, 2021, 10:03:26 AM »
 :offtopic:

Staying at my sister's/brother-in-laws flat temporarily (they aren't here and they own it - plan to stay until the summer) and not paying rent etc. Boiler broke down and a new one needs to be installed. Do I pay for it or they? My parents seem to think I should pay for it as money can dent relationships, but I am one of the thinking that the owner should pay for it? Perhaps I am wrong and me paying for it could be a gesture as I am not paying rent etc.

Thanks

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
Re: Completely random!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 02:02:31 AM »
Peace cyrus1987This case should be about keeping a good relationship going since you are living in their flat.
Why don t you have this conversation -that you are having with us- with your sister and brother in law?
After all it will be easy to solve:
Either they agree with you and they pay.
Or they ask you to pay if they think you can afford it.
 Solved amicably ,they may even agree to share the cost with you.
 So it pays for both of you to talk it over.
It all depends on the financial circumstances of each party.
IN THE SHORT AND LONG RUN IT IS BETTER FOR BOTH OF YOU TO HAVE A NEW BOILER IN THERE.

Hope you solve the problem.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 10:32:54 PM »
You should be the one to judge based on your situation.

But IF I were you, then I will be already grateful that they let me stay for free.
I actually would be ashamed as well, I will definitely offered them to pay for the rent of their place, if it's not will be considered as 'rude' to them.
Anything beyond that is my own responsibility.

If the boiler broke down, since I'm in 'free staying' state, then the choice is either I'm ok with the broke down boiler or I will fix the boiler and bear all the cost myself. I see it as the least I can do to return the favor,

There's no right or wrong, it again go back to the judgement of each individual, I just share you what I will do.

tutti_frutti

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 10:57:39 PM »
salam cyrus1987

i think perhaps one should pay for the broiler if one can ... surprise them with kindness and politeness even if you were not staying at their place but simply as a gesture to your family members (or even if it were friends or random people who could not afford it)

one should always think “kindness”

perhaps suprise them with a new broiler even before they come back and find the older broiler broken

if somehow they paid for it and you had no choice ... perhaps give the money you were going to pay the broiler with as charity to the poor and needy if you can afford that .. always seek The God’s approval

peace

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 05:40:07 PM »
:offtopic:

Staying at my sister's/brother-in-laws flat temporarily (they aren't here and they own it - plan to stay until the summer) and not paying rent etc. Boiler broke down and a new one needs to be installed. Do I pay for it or they? My parents seem to think I should pay for it as money can dent relationships, but I am one of the thinking that the owner should pay for it? Perhaps I am wrong and me paying for it could be a gesture as I am not paying rent etc.

Thanks

Nope!  Pay for it as a way of saying thank you!  I am always willing to pay my way.
Make your family feel fortunate to have you around, be a blessing from Allah.
Let them know before you do anything.

:peace:
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

cyrus1987

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 08:41:21 AM »
Apologies for the late reply to your posts. I paid for it in the end and feels good :)