Author Topic: An article about Allah.  (Read 2713 times)

The Sardar

• Apprentice
Re: An article about Allah.
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2017, 12:35:24 PM »
Exactly. A dream does not exist unless a dreamer makes it. And as the Qur'an says, if God stopped sustaining the creation, it would cease to existe. God did not creat and leave but cotinues holding and sustaining every one of our own single breathings.

Salaam
That is deism, not saying you are one but just pointing that out.  :)

The Sardar

• Apprentice
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2017, 09:28:40 AM »
Plus this picture came into my mind  :hmm

The Sardar

• Apprentice
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2017, 06:35:53 AM »
This assumption is not correct. However, it is correct Allah is not a proper noun.

Allah is from a root found in lexicons and etymological sources as Alef-Lam-Lam. Allah is a remarkable unique formula including an end ه which is commonly known as third person singular.

Allah basically means "Is Like (a) Who"", based on the same root as is used in the famous AL prefix. For further knowing about that I cannot disclose on this forum, but I can tell Allah does not mean what people are used to.

Allah is not from a nonexistent root called Alif-Lam-Heh. That root does not exist. Eleh is no more than AL prefix on a third person singular pronoun suffix. Simple grammar. It means "the he/she/it". Allah is a slightly more evolved form, meaning "the like he/she/it". Basically it refers to someone's status as a being.

Be well
Qarael Amenuel
Bold: I check the root word Alif-Lam-Lam and it says: Alif-Lam-Lam = Pact, covenant; blood relationship, consanguinity; Anything which has a quality requiring it to be regarded as sacred, or inviolable; which has some right pertaining to it, nearness with respect to kindred, good origin, promise or an assurance of safety or security, neighbour, bond.

illan n.m. 9:8, 9:10

Lane's Lexicon, Volume 1, pages: 111, 112  ##  http://ejtaal.net/aa/#q=all

(Project Root List)

The Sardar

• Apprentice
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2018, 09:50:57 AM »
If God is derived from the Indo-European "khud-a" then you may be correct. For whatever it means, it is a reference Persians used for the phenomenon called "God" in English.

Anyways, what the ancient Persians were referring to is that the power of God shines out from the self, it is called or summoned from there. The idea about absolutely no association is a later invention, for God allows people to be associated for as long as it is being associated with Him.

Be well
Qarael Amenuel
I don't know if this is valid but in our national launguage (Swedish) the word Gud (God) is little similar the khud-a? Without the a of course.