Author Topic: Any Vegetarian or Vegans here?  (Read 3139 times)

Amra94

• Beginner/Inquirer
Re: Any Vegetarian or Vegans here?
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2017, 05:55:43 PM »
yeah you can, almost everything is filled with fibers.
Thats a good thing, keeps your digestive system healthy !

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2017, 06:05:34 PM »
Thats a good thing, keeps your digestive system healthy !
And overactive and exhausted!

Amra94

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2017, 06:57:21 PM »
And overactive and exhausted!
Thats why it's good to fast every now and then  :)

Makaveli

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2017, 08:29:29 AM »
I do not eat meat but I do not consider myself either vegan or vegetarian, in fact most of them are liberal dogmatics, not much different from religious people. I still have to find an European vegetarian who would not support sodomy of all sorts (perhaps a biased opinion of mine, yet vegetarianism clearly became the cult). Perhaps Jesus was vegetarian but he would never call himself vegan as such word simply did not exist. I do not meat because the way we kill anymals is unethical and 'inhuman'. If we are to eat animals, at least let's do it with respect. That's why I like the way how halal meat is prepared.

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2017, 02:26:01 PM »
Vegetarian first reported being used 1839. Word simply means someone who is into vegetables, vegetable - arian. Anyone who eats vegetables is technically a vegetarian. You could say vegetables only eater, but the invention of vegetarian coined a new term. Calling yourself vegetarian means you may refuse to eat meat if someone serves it to you. Originally, in the 19th century, it may have had to do with health issues that people turned to vegetables only, as part of a new philosophy. It is less likely it had to do with sadness over killing animals or the way an animal was killed.

People see you as someone not eating meat if you say you are a vegetarian and your reason may be health related entirely and not due to some "cult".

You can say "I try to keep to a vegetarian diet", it means you may eat meat, but you may also struggle to avoid it as you believe it is healthier for you to eat vegetables primarily.

The analogy presented is like someone saying they are liberal but do not call themselves that because they may be associated with the Democrats while liberalism is an ideological concept. But one can believe in a liberalist worldview and not being affiliated with any political party at all or even think the Democrats stand for true liberalism.

Same you might be a vegetarian or vegan but you do not believe in the vegetarian or vegan activists who fight for something you do not stand for. The term vegan I can agree is a more loose term though being invented in the 1950s and redundant because vegetarian and vegan means the same thing basically.

I can say I am muslim, but I do not believe in anything of the mainstream Islam and even anything remotely associated nor do I believe in prophet Muhammed but think he is an imposter, because I believe in muslimism, i.e what is meant through the word Se-La-M, soundness, logical coherence and maximum sanity of mind. That because I kept using an Arabic word which means that as part of my terminology for my life philosophy.

So safe to say, one can call themselves vegetarian and doing so because they believe vegetables are something to be into. The word vegetarian means "into vegetables".

Be well
Qarael Amenuel
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

Makaveli

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2017, 04:25:22 PM »
Your definition of being a muslim is a long one, because you do not agree with Sunna, but obviously it is compulsive for you to acknowledge this fact, when someone asks you which faith do you follow. Same here. Plus technically I am not vegetarian as I still consume dairy and eggs. And even if I was not, I do have certain problems with a word vegetarianism. It does not matter how and in which century this word was invented, what matters is how we use this word now. People studing Quran translations should know from first hard experience that words have certain power but they also change with time, that is why many translations from different centuries are so different. If in the 19th century vegetarian was nothing but a health-conscious movement (perhaps) then now it means being a tolerant to sodomy, listening to some spherical music, doing yoga, and collecting eastern idol figures. And of course it does not mean that ALL vegentarians are like that, but I'd prefer to call myself 'A person who does not eat meat to do ethical reasons yet does not find eating animal meat to be unethical itself'.