Author Topic: Can you eat Monkey?  (Read 2035 times)

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +15/-4
Re: Can you eat Monkey?
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 11:01:33 PM »
To bring this topic to its conclusion, please note the following can be learned from the Quran regarding foods that are permissible (or not):

All ' Hoofed Animals' (An'aam)* are permissible:

“And the hoofed animals He has created them for you, in them is warmth and benefits, and from them you eat.” (Qur’an 16:5)

“...And permitted for you are the hoofed animals; except what is being recited to you; so avoid the foulness of idols and avoid saying false statements.” (Qur’an 22:30)

* Horses, Mules, and Donkeys are exempt from being considered 'Anaam' (see 3:14)

Domesticated Hoofed Animals (Baheemat An'aam) are permitted at all times (hunting ban does not apply):

“O you who believe, fulfill the contracts. Permitted for you are the domesticated hoofed animals, except that which is being recited to you—while maintaining the ban on hunting while you are under restriction. God decrees as He pleases.” (Qur’an 5:1)

Animals caught by trained dogs & birds of prey are permissible:

“They ask you what was made permissible to them, say: ‘All the good things have been made permissible for you, and what the birds of prey and trained dogs catch, you teach them from what God teaches you.’ So eat from what they have captured for you and mention the name of God upon it, and be aware of God. God is swift in reckoning.” (Qur’an 5:4)

All Seafood is permissible:

“Permitted for you is the catch of the sea, to eat it as enjoyment for you and for those who travel; and forbidden for you is the catch of the land as long as you are under restriction; and be aware of God to whom you will be gathered.” (Qur’an 5:96)
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

ade_cool

• Apprentice
  • Karma +1/-0
Re: Can you eat Monkey?
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 07:45:24 AM »
[6:145] Say: “I do not find in what is inspired to me to be forbidden for any eater to eat, except: that it be already dead, or running blood,  or the meat of pig—for it is foul—or what has become vile by  being sacrificed to other than God.” But whoever is forced to,  without seeking disobedience or transgression, then your Lord is  Forgiving, Merciful.

[6:145] Say [O Prophet]: "In all that has been revealed unto me, I do not find anything forbidden to eat, if one wants to eat thereof, unless it be carrion, or blood poured forth, or the flesh of swine-for that, behold, is loathsome-or a sinful offering over which any name other than God's has been invoked. But if one is driven by necessity - neither coveting it nor exceeding his immediate need -then [know that], behold, thy Sustainer is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace."

[6:145] Say, "I do not find within that which was revealed to me [anything] forbidden to one who would eat it unless it be a dead animal or blood spilled out or the flesh of swine - for indeed, it is impure - or it be [that slaughtered in] disobedience, dedicated to other than Allah. But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], then indeed, your Lord is Forgiving and Merciful."

The verse is specifically dealing with the question: if one wants to eat X, is it forbidden or not in the sight of God? Whether X tastes good or not, X is nutritious or not, X is common or not, whether one has appetite or not to eat X, etc is another story.