News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Sijeen and Elliyeen

Started by A Submitter, July 29, 2016, 08:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Submitter

Salam,

I was reading chapter 83 and read these two words: Sijeen and Elliyen. They are numbered records, but I was wondering if they have meanings in Arabic or are just names of records?

This too:

76:18 A spring therein which is called ?Salsabeel.?

Does Salsabeel have a meaning in Arabic or is just a name?

Salam

imrankhawaja

if we want to understand it methaphorically then,, its like hard disk or compact disk, in computerised language...

when your records will play infront of you ,,, u will get surprised to know what you used to do... ad who recorded it lol

or another understanding both are records of deeds one is sijjeen for people who use to cheat in worldy life with dishonesty..
and one is elliyeen for people who do honesty .. and was not involve in short measure...

and there will be a proper court system and after showing you ur videos and deeds then God sentence a reward or punishment and everybody will have no chance of argue after they will get proved guilty...

i try to explain situation in computerised way may be 1400 years ago people will not have the understanding of video and court evidence thingies...  :police:

peace

imrankhawaja

and about this word salsabeel as we know its also a situation regarding hereafter so we also need to consider it methaphorically...  so basically its a special kind of fridge/chiller in which you will see a plantey of drinks on other words whatever drink you wish you will get that..

go before one verse a example is also there of ginger scent drink... in uk markets ginger beer is a fizzy drink and quite popular as well... haha  :!

basically its a kind of reward/facility which we can never get in this life. even a millionaire is unable to know all the drinks that world produce and his chiller can contain some of his favourite ones.. think about the reward of hereafter we will provided with full collection of drinks not only of this world but the drinks which we have no knowledge off...

here we drink or eat for the purpose of body ,,, hereafter your real self will be exposed and you will have satisfaction the other way.. let say here we drink alcohal which make our body and mind slow sometimes negetive effect cause vompting and headache and after that hangover..

but the wine of heaven is not satisfy you bodily it will give you spirtual taste of intoxication and not will cause you harm..

although its all my understanding in a imagary way...

peace

Novice

Quote from: A Submitter on July 29, 2016, 08:36:35 PM
Salam,

I was reading chapter 83 and read these two words: Sijeen and Elliyen. They are numbered records, but I was wondering if they have meanings in Arabic or are just names of records?

Salaam A Submitter

The writer of Quran has explained what is سِجِّينٍ۬ and عِلِّيِّينَ in 83:7-9 and 83:18-20

كَلَّآ إِنَّ كِتَـٰبَ ٱلۡفُجَّارِ لَفِى سِجِّينٍ۬ (٧) وَمَآ أَدۡرَٮٰكَ مَا سِجِّينٌ۬ (٨) كِتَـٰبٌ۬ مَّرۡقُومٌ۬ (٩
Indeed the record of deeds of the sinners is in Sijjin . (7) And what may let you know what Sijjin is?  A register, inscribed!

كَلَّآ إِنَّ كِتَـٰبَ ٱلۡأَبۡرَارِ لَفِى عِلِّيِّينَ (١٨) وَمَآ أَدۡرَٮٰكَ مَا عِلِّيُّونَ (١٩) كِتَـٰبٌ۬ مَّرۡقُومٌ۬ (٢٠
No! The record of deeds of the righteous is in ?Illiyyun . (18) And what may let you know what ?Illiyyun is ? (19) A register inscribed, (20)

This too:

Again brother, God has informed us that this spring is named salsabeel.

Regarding Arabic the root for sijjeen is sin jeem nun which means to imprison. So sijjeen may be a book that put you in prison

The root of illiyyun is ع ل و which has meanings of to be high. So it may be a book that give you a higher status.

The root for salsabeel is not known to me so I cannot suggest its meanings.

May God bless you.

A Submitter

Quote from: Novice on July 30, 2016, 02:07:04 AM
Salaam A Submitter

The writer of Quran has explained what is سِجِّينٍ۬ and عِلِّيِّينَ in 83:7-9 and 83:18-20

كَلَّآ إِنَّ كِتَـٰبَ ٱلۡفُجَّارِ لَفِى سِجِّينٍ۬ (٧) وَمَآ أَدۡرَٮٰكَ مَا سِجِّينٌ۬ (٨) كِتَـٰبٌ۬ مَّرۡقُومٌ۬ (٩
Indeed the record of deeds of the sinners is in Sijjin . (7) And what may let you know what Sijjin is?  A register, inscribed!

كَلَّآ إِنَّ كِتَـٰبَ ٱلۡأَبۡرَارِ لَفِى عِلِّيِّينَ (١٨) وَمَآ أَدۡرَٮٰكَ مَا عِلِّيُّونَ (١٩) كِتَـٰبٌ۬ مَّرۡقُومٌ۬ (٢٠
No! The record of deeds of the righteous is in ?Illiyyun . (18) And what may let you know what ?Illiyyun is ? (19) A register inscribed, (20)

Again brother, God has informed us that this spring is named salsabeel.

Regarding Arabic the root for sijjeen is sin jeem nun which means to imprison. So sijjeen may be a book that put you in prison

The root of illiyyun is ع ل و which has meanings of to be high. So it may be a book that give you a higher status.

The root for salsabeel is not known to me so I cannot suggest its meanings.

May God bless you.
Salam,

I was looking for the bold, thank you!

Thanks everyone.

Salam

LastDay3

Regarding Arabic the root for sijjeen is sin jeem nun
which means to imprison.
So sijjeen may be a book that put you in prison

May God bless you.

Salaam/Peace be upon you, Novice.

Perhaps, it may be somewhat absolutely relevant indeed:

Sijn:              Prison (=Place deep in the Earth)       
Sijjeen:         Book/Record that may put you in a Prison (=Place deep in the Hell)

Illiyat:           Peak (=Place high on the Earth)         
Illiyyeen:      Book/Record that may put you on a Peak (=Place high on the Paradise)

May AL-LAH bless you.

Remain in peace/salaam.

And he  who  came  with  The TRUTH,
and  those  who  verified-it-as-TRUE,
they  are  the Righteous. =39/33, ....

Novice

Quote from: LastDay3 on July 30, 2016, 07:13:18 PM

Salaam/Peace be upon you, Novice.

Perhaps, it may be somewhat absolutely relevant indeed:

Sijn:              Prison (=Place deep in the Earth)       
Sijjeen:         Book/Record that may put you in a Prison (=Place deep in the Hell)

Illiyat:           Peak (=Place high on the Earth)         
Illiyyeen:      Book/Record that may put you on a Peak (=Place high on the Paradise)

May AL-LAH bless you.

Remain in peace/salaam.

Salaam LastDay3

Thank you for your explanation brother.

May God bless you

Bahman

Salam,

This too:

Salam

Peace
Wondering how this can happen  ?

Today I was thinking of same topic I created while ago, then decided do my surfing which has been idle for last week due to going through radiation for my back cancer. As usual this forum in top list and usually i go to section which i am active. But same topic challenged me to read all post.

Your last post number 77 and then when i replied your post i see here on top
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=392708;topic=9608735.0;last_msg=392777
Peace

[url="http://y19.net"]http://y19.net[/url]

Bahman

[url="http://y19.net"]http://y19.net[/url]