News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

WikiLeaks: Saudi Arabia's Wahhabi Influence in India

Started by N00B, June 30, 2015, 04:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neptin

I know and respect a number of Pakistanis like Benzair Bhutton, Raheel Raza, Qanta Ahmed and even Yusuf Malala, so trust me huruf, am not out here to sheepishly reinforce the negative stereotype about Pakistanis. From the assault on Malala, assassination of Salman Taseer, the incarceration of Aasia Bibi to the gruesome incineration of a Christian coupled accused of blasphemy last year plus the massive safe haven Pakistan provide for terrorists, one can't help but read the writing on the wall that there is a real problem of extremism in the Pakistani Muslim community.

Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
[url=http://flamesoftruth.wordpress.com]Flames Of Truth[/url]

عوني

Quote from: Neptin on June 30, 2015, 12:17:30 PMBenzair Bhutton, Raheel Raza, Qanta Ahmed

One of the worst Pakistanis ever.. Why don't you add Anjem Choudary to that list too?

عوني

It's not supirisng that Saudi-Arabia will try to expand its influence in South-Asia and Africa. The majority countries there lack a great HDI and therefor education sucks. The Saudi regime just like Western Christians will try to take advantage of that. Western Christians often try to spread their religion in Africa because they realize that nobody wants to buy their bullshit in the West. Education is too strong and improves our critical-thinking. Some Western Christians will try to modernise, applying the same ethics and morals of the today's West to their religion. This is in order to gain more converts. Still it is a complete failure and religion is dying regardless. It is not only because Christianity was oppressive but also because nobody wants to live by any rules. For example no one wants to attend a church every sunday that is completely boring. This applies to any religion really.

Saudi-Arabia always spend funds on South-Asia (Pakistan and India in particular) but most of the funds probaly go to more mosques which is not a good thing at all.. It is obviously a trojan attack on these countries.

Neptin

Quote from: عوني on June 30, 2015, 12:42:17 PM

One of the worst Pakistanis ever.. Why don't you add Anjem Choudary to that list too?

Am sorry but regardless of your sentiments or prejudice, those names stand out as exemplary Pakistanis that do not belong to the class of Anjem Choudary.

Peace!
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
[url=http://flamesoftruth.wordpress.com]Flames Of Truth[/url]

عوني

They do. Anjem Choudary supports an Islamic homeland (e.g the Islamic State/Daesh) in Iraq and Syria, and they support a Jewish homeland in Palestine. How is that not compareable to Anjem Choudary? Only minor difference is that they use democracy and secularism to sugarcoat Israel while Anjem Choudary is completely honest as a religious person. Time to deport this moron. No wonder most of them live in the West.

The Pakistanis you mentioned are obviously apologists for Western warcrimes which is no different than Islamists. By kissing the arse of the West they realize that they can promote their 'moderate' version of Islam. BTW the majority of my friends are Eastern-European Muslims and they are ten times better Muslims than all these people you mentioned and Anjem Choudary combined. No excuses for Western warcrimes, opposition to Israel, opposition to the Islamic State and best of all alcohol and pork consumed. Indeed as a secular Muslim if I was the leader of the Arab world the first thing I would do is to ban those moronic South-Asians. Over my dead body that they would have entered any Arab country. They should pray to God that somebody like me never becomes the leader of the Arab countries one day. It would have been a complete loss for Islamists and Western apologists (especially the Muslim ones). :=) I can assure you I do not consider them any different than the Islamists. Nobody likes Western apologists and right-wingers. Ironically they blame leftists for supporting 'Islamism' despite the fact that the right-wingers themselves have a long history of supporting Islamism. We can use George Bush (A terrorist that probaly orginated from Europe) as an example of a right-winger that happily refered to the Saudi regime as a 'moderate' regime despite its funding on religious terrorism.

FindingRightPath

They just spread their disease everywhere. Just a year ago, I rarely used to see women wearing Niqabs here, but now it's like normal to see many muslim women wearing it. Or, may be I was just blind to see and has woken up now, but I don't think so. I really don't remember many women wearing the niqabs just about a year ago or two years. Then others are expected to wear it as well. or else they are seen as decent or not islamic enough.

N00B

Quote from: FindingRightPath on June 30, 2015, 01:50:46 PM
They just spread their disease everywhere. Just a year ago, I rarely used to see women wearing Niqabs here, but now it's like normal to see many muslim women wearing it. Or, may be I was just blind to see and has woken up now, but I don't think so. I really don't remember many women wearing the niqabs just about a year ago or two years. Then others are expected to wear it as well. or else they are seen as decent or not islamic enough.

Not so long time ago, I was in Muslim majority district in Northern India and I saw many women wearing black abayas in rickshaws and streets, in hijab and niqaab. It's still common for Muslim women in that same area to wear traditional Indian clothing with dupatta loosely covering the head, however this attire is becoming less common as the abaya and niqabi wearing women are increasing in public.

Raden

I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia.
And I think Saudi's government is also funding / paying some local preacher here to spread hatred towards Shiites. I went to a Friday sermon last week in one of Jakarta's mosque where the content was basically "How Evil Shiite Is", "The Danger Of Shiaism".
A both good and bad thing.
It makes people here start to 'rethink' about their religion.
And as a further reaction there are many local movement to "Dearabize / Localize Islam".

almarh0m

Quote from: Raden on July 04, 2015, 03:06:12 AM
I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia.
It makes people here start to 'rethink' about their religion.
And as a further reaction there are many local movement to "Dearabize / Localize Islam".

Peace

Athough the topic of this thread is "Wahabi Influence" in India, I think it is relevant to every country with a muslim population. whether "Wahabism" is an Islamic teaching, it is open to debate. Any teaching that advocates violence and intolerance is not islamic. As an Indonesian born muslim I have first hand knowledge of what muslims are like in Indonesia, and contrary to your claim that there is a movement to " De-Arabised Islam " the opposite is true.

Just look at the mode of dress by just about everyone man or woman who invariably think that they are holier than other people who does not conform to wearing Jilbab /hijab for women and arab dress for men especially when they are going to masjid or gathering. More Indonesians muslims think and want to be more Arab than the Arabs themselves, sadly this the reality in Indonesia today. As for the hatred of so called sunni muslims Wahabi  towards shi'ah muslims, it is hard to find an appropriate word to describe it. Hostile and ruthless is too kind words to describe their attitude towards sh'ah muslims. This hostility of the sunni wahabi not only towards shi'ah muslims, but to all other muslims different to themselves. Forget about the illusion of Indonesian muslims are moderate muslims, it is a myth aided and abetted by some foreign powers with vested interest. Burning alive of common thieves on the streets of Indonesia is a regular occurrence while at the same time treating the nation's mega robbers with leniency. The so called muslims scholars are nothing more than men who speaks arabic fluently but lack other knowledge, they are ready to issue a fatwa about anything whenever it suits them. In fact these "Ulama" who does not know much other than arabic language and The sayings of Mr Bukhari et al, are more powerful and influential than a prophet or even a god.

So, claim about attempt to De-Arabise Islam in Indonesia is a complete new news to me and I keep regular contact with fellow Qur'an followers. The sheer numbers of Sayyeds and Habibs who all claim to be direct descendants of the prophet Muhammad is an eye opener, and the ignorant muslims believe these impostors to their great loss. I wish that there were some truth about attempt at De-Arabisation of Islam in Indonesia and muslims start to learn what real Islam is all about i.e. Islam is about good deeds, fairness, justice and belief in the creator and the last day.

Peace

almarh0m

ps: PKS the Muslim party ( Party of Poligamists)+Muhammadiyah ( Worshippers of Muhammad).

"He who Created me, it is He who Guides me"

JavaLatte

Salaam @ Raden & almarh0m,

dari Indonesia?  :D

Apakah mengikuti Qur'an juga?  Dan apakah termasuk yg "ingkar sunnah" :P juga?

Kalau iya, boleh saya tahu, apakah sudah terbuka kepada lingkungan sekitar (keluarga dan tetangga) tentang keyakinan anda?

Maaf banyak tanya, tapi saya penasaran. Trims.
[33:72] Verily, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and they were afraid of it; but man bear it - verily, he was transgressing, ignorant.